Saturday, October 10, 2009

Brief Visit to England


It’s been over a year since I last blogged. It had to do with my crazy job. I was overwhelmed. I remain overwhelmed at the job but my energy is better. I flew in last night, arriving home about 2:30 am. No jet lag. I rode my bicycle around today, cleaned house, felt marvelous.

I just had a vacation thrust upon me. I went to Merry Olde for about five days to visit Carol, who had some health issues. I ran to the rescue while her husband went off on a trip. She was originally slated to go, but simply could not face it due to exhaustion, a state with which I’m all too familiar. He’ll be gone until the 17th, so I wanted to find someone to fill in between the 10th and the 17th so she wouldn’t be alone.

I did what I could while I was there. Carol insisted on a soul retrieval so I flexed my long disused shaman muscles and did one; it seemed to help. She sort of leaped to her feet and seemed a lot more like her old self again.

My friend Dawn lives not terribly far from her, about an hour away by car. Dawn is intrepid. She’s American, yet braves insane British drivers and tiny twisty roads. She and Carol hit it off as I had hoped. She came right over and she and Carol hit it off. Carol wanted to go to Castelrigg, up in the Lake District, so we did a quick trip up there on an absolutely spectacular October day. It was glorious.

Now I’m back home. Dawn will take over my place for the coming week. I’m getting used to being back here. I can’t believe I’ll be back at work on Monday as if nothing ever happened.

No comments: